We are pleased to invite you to participate in an exhibition, guest curated by Tyanna Buie, for the Trout Museum of Art (TMA) in Appleton, WI from February 26, 2021 – May 23, 2021. This exhibition is titled Unraveled. Restructured. Revealed: Where Contemporary Art and Diverse Perspectives Intersect. This exhibition will bring together over 40 contemporary artists from across the country and beyond, and will encourage conversations about diverse perspectives through various modes of art making and how they relate to personal narrative, social justice, and identity politics.
Appleton is part of an area in Wisconsin known as the Fox Cities consisting of nineteen communities along the Fox River and is one of the state’s fastest growing areas with over 400,000 residents located between Green Bay and Oshkosh. This growing area in East Central Wisconsin has strong support for the visual and performing arts.
Being a featured artist in this exhibition is an exciting way for you to have a visible presence in a budding arts community that sees the value in contemporary art, and wants to be an inviting and inclusive community generating an authentic exchange of ideas. We hope you will be able to participate in Unraveled. Restructured. Revealed.
Benefits of special interest to you:
- Shipping of artwork covered both ways by TMA – Trout Museum of Art
- Honorarium for speaking/lecturing/voice recording/zoom recording
- Opportunity to exhibit new work specifically inspired by the subject of this exhibit
Your timely response will allow us to take the next steps in building this exceptional show, bringing new art to a community in need of such relevant dialogue. Once we receive all artists’ confirmations, a list of participating artists will be available to you. Upon acceptance of this invitation, we will schedule a Zoom meeting or phone call with you to discuss your research and practice and the selection of works we are excited about.
Exhibit schedule at a glance:
- Nov 22, 2020 | Artist responses requested
- Nov 29, 2020 | Signed contract due back via email
- Nov 30, 2020 – Jan. 1, 2021 | Artwork selection process
- Feb 1 – Feb. 8, 2021 | Artwork delivered to TMA
- Feb 8 – Feb. 18, 2021 | Installation
- Feb 26, 2021 | Opening of exhibit
- Mar 5, 2021 | Virtual exhibition is live
- Mar – May 2021 | Pre-recorded Virtual Artist Talks to be shared widely
- May 23, 2021 | Exhibition closes
- May 24 – June 11, 2021 | Artwork returned
We invite you to view Tyanna’s website and to explore the Trout Museum of Art’s website to learn more about Tyanna and TMA. We truly look forward to your response. Please reach out to Tyanna, Christina, and Ann, with any questions or concerns.