Appleton’s Trout Museum of Art returns with Made to Order, an exhibit connecting community members with Wisconsin artists to create one-of-a-kind, customized works of art be exhibited in Made to Order Aug 25-Dec 31, 2023. YOU help curate the exhibition by commissioning an artwork from one of 40 artists listed below. TMA’s 2023 goal for commissions is $100,000. 50% goes to artists and 50% to TMA programming.
I’m interested in commissioning an artwork. What’s next?
1. View our artists’ stunning profiles below through Apr 30 to find the perfect artist.
2. Use the artist’s style and something in your life to inspire your artwork.
3. Choose your budget. Each artist has pricing on their pages.
4. Fill out a Made to Order interest form.
5. TMA staff will coordinate an artist connection and details to start the conversation.
6. Payment to TMA: 50% down payment and 50% when the project is completed.
7. Artist creates your masterpiece.
8. Your artwork will be on exhibit Aug 25 to Dec 31, 2023.
9. Attend the Made to Order opening party and fundraiser on Aug 25.
10. Take your one-of-a-kind artwork home following the exhibition after Dec 31!
New Made to Order Opportunities!
Private Studio Party at TMA
If your walls are already full of art, perhaps you’d enjoy a private studio class of your choice! Plan a creative adventure for your team-building, friend-bonding, birthday party, anniversary, family outing, or just for fun. Relax, laugh, and unleash the hidden talents you didn’t even know you had! We will curate a special event just for your group.
Deterre Diamonds | Lyssa M. King
If your walls are already full of art, you can create a piece of custom jewelry. This is a unique opportunity to see how a diamond goes from rough diamond through the cutting process into a hand-crafted, beautifully designed piece of custom jewelry. For years, artisans have worked separately in the diamond-cutting and jewelry-design industries. Deterre Diamonds brings this process together and helps you be a part of it.
100% of the design costs are a donation to the Trout Museum of Art.
100% of the diamond, gold, and other material cost are paid to Deterre Diamonds.