Field Trips and Group Tours
Explore art and ideas with a Trout Museum of Art Field Trip or Group Tour! Visitors of all ages and abilities are welcome to experience TMA with guided discussion and engaging art projects.
A minimum of 2 weeks notice is required for all field trips and group tours. Please advise if any members of your group have accessibility requirements.
Visits typically take 1 -2 hours to complete, depending on the size of the group. The maximum group size is 60 people, and larger groups will be split into smaller groups of 15 in the galleries and 30 in the art studios.
Field Trip and Group Tour Options
- TMA Experience for pre-K, elementary, middle school, high school, college, and adult groups. Tour the exhibition spaces with one or more of TMA’s Gallery Staff and then create your own piece of art taught by one of TMA’s Educators! All supplies included.
- But, What is it? for middle school, high school, college, and adult groups. Lead by local artist, Cristian Andersson, develop an understanding of artwork and form ways to think about, talk about, and appreciate modern and contemporary art – regardless if we “like” it or not. Take a closer look at the work of contemporary artists while examining the progressive timeline of Western art, and think about the context of why it may have been created. Develop ways to understand increasingly complex works. Sketch paper and pencils provided, but bring questions and an open mind!
- Self-led Sessions for college and adult groups. Tour the exhibition spaces on your own, and reserve a space in the museum for further group discussion about the collections lead by you or another member of your group.
To schedule a trip or to request special accommodations, email Marci Hoffman a minimum of 2 weeks in advance.
Price for 1 minute
Plan Your Visit
- Find out what is on exhibition at the Trout Museum of Art. Please note that some exhibitions may have sensitive content. Please contact TMA for details.
- TMA is located at 111 W College Ave., Appleton, WI 54911. Three loading zones are nearby for easy drop-off and pick-up.
- North of TMA on College Avenue
- West of TMA on Appleton Street
- East of TMA on Oneida Street
Questions to Discuss Before Your Visit
- What does art mean to you?
- What was the last thing you created or made?
- What does art make you think?
- What does art make you feel?