Field Trips and Group Tours
Explore art and ideas with a Trout Museum of Art Field Trip or Group Tour! Visitors of all ages and abilities are welcome to experience TMA with guided discussion and engaging art projects. Find out what’s on exhibition at the Trout Museum of Art. To schedule a field trip experience, email Valerie Medina at email@example.com a minimum of 2 weeks in advance. Please note that some exhibitions may have sensitive content.
TMA is located at 111 W College Ave in Downtown Appleton. For large-group drop-offs, please use the loading zone in front of the TMA building on College Avenue for easy drop-off and pick-up.
Gallery Tour and Studio Art Project Combination - 2 hours
- TMA experience for elementary, middle school, high school, college, and adult groups. Tour the exhibition spaces with TMA’s Gallery Staff (approximately 40 minutes) and then create your own piece of art taught by one of TMA’s Educators (approximately 1 hour, 20 minutes). All supplies included.
- Elementary, middle, high school: $5 per person, minimum of $50 per group
- College and adult groups: $10 per person, minimum of $100 per group
Interactive Gallery Tour – 2 hours
- Gallery tour for high school, college, and adult groups. Tour the exhibition spaces with a TMA docent with discussion, journaling and/or sketching in the gallery space with interactive prompts related to the exhibitions on view. Groups can also be self-led on your own using your own curriculum.
- $5 per person, minimum of $50 per group
- Sketch pads and pencils provided for use in gallery
Art Educator Visits Your School
(Fox Cities, Oshkosh, and Green Bay)
- But, What is it? Contemporary Art Discussion ($75 per class, one hour). For middle school, high school, college, and adult groups. Lead by local artist, Cristian Andersson. Develop an understanding of artwork and form ways to think about, talk about, and appreciate modern and contemporary art – regardless if we “like” it or not. Take a closer look at the work of contemporary artists while examining the progressive timeline of Western art, and think about the context of why it may have been created. Develop ways to understand increasingly complex works. Bring questions and an open mind!
- Make a Career in Art ($75 per class, one hour). For middle school, high school, college, and adult groups. Are your students interested in majoring in a visual art program and becoming a professional artist, graphic designer, photographer or other creative career? Learn more about the steps you need to take to get into an art education program, create your business, market your art, and believe in yourself and your abilities to make art. Lead by a local professional artist.