Attention Art Instructors!
The Trout Museum of Art is looking for qualified artists and art educators to lead courses throughout the year. Classes draw students of all ages from pre-schoolers to seniors looking to explore their own creativity in a variety of mediums. Interested instructors should submit a course proposal to the Education Coordinator.
Submit Course Proposal
The Farm Market Studio Art Teacher(s) offers arts education programming in the Trout Museum of Art’s art studios during Downtown Appleton, Inc.’s Saturday morning Farm Markets. Families will drop-off their children ages 5 – 11 at the museum to learn about and make art while their parents shop. This is a part-time, non-exempt position.
Saturdays July 6, July 27, August 24, August 31, September 7, October 5, from 8:30am – 1:00pm
• Welcome guests and familiarize them with the studios and 5th floor spaces
• Design art activities and teach them to children during Farm Markets
• Open and close the studios, and welcome guests
• Art studio and storage maintenance, organization, and inventory tracking
• Lead and facilitate volunteers
• Prepare educational materials for summer programs
• Other responsibilities as requested by the Education Coordinator
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Engaging and welcoming presence
• Professional work ethic, self-starter, and flexible nature
• Strong customer services skills
• Experience working or volunteering with children in a professional setting
• Experience working with a wide range of art media
• Availability to work most weekends
• High school diploma or GED
• Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check, including a check of your employment references
Please submit a resume to Marci Hoffman, Education Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.