Young Artist Marketplace
Art at the Park presentented by Community First Credit Union features a Young Artist Marketplace where artists under the age of 18 can display and sell their work. Young artists are encouraged to apply for a booth space in this area of the park. Artwork will be juried, and a number of artists will be selected to join us at the event.
Who we’re looking for: Artists ages 7 – 17
What we’re looking for:
- jewelry making
- fiber art
What can Young Artist Marketplace artists can expect:
- 10’x10′ booth space
- Name and medium included in the Art at the Park evebt booklet/app*
- Name on the evet webpage
- Official festival sign for your booth
Rules and Regulations:
Friday, May 2, 2019
Friday, May 22, 2019
Notification of jury results.
Friday, June 5, 2019
Artist invitation acceptance must be complete and $20 booth fee paid. Booth fees are nonrefundable.
- Once notified of acceptance, applicant must send in a $20 booth fee by June 5, 2020.
- An independent, anonymous group of jurors will select applicants to participate in Art at the Park 2019
- The jurors’ decisions are final. No exceptions will be made.
- Accepted artists/applicants will be notified via email by May 22, 2020.
- Images submitted for jurying must be representative of the work exhibited at Art at the Park. They should represent current work and represent the majority of work exhibited.
- Young Artist Marketplace applicants must be aged 7 to 17 at the date of the festival.
- All work must be the artist’s own, and original in design, concept, and execution.
- Artists are responsible for obtaining a seller’s permit, if applicable
- A person is generally not required to hold a Wisconsin seller’s permit if the person’s “taxable sales” are less than $1,000 in a calendar year or if the person’s sales are isolated or sporadic.
- Artists whose taxable sales are more than $1,000 in a calendar year are responsible for collecting and reporting the 5% Wisconsin sales tax.
- Review Wisconsin’s Temporary Events tax laws
- Participants must supply their own 10’x10’ tents, tent stakes, tables, chairs, and other equipment.
- Booths can be set up beginning at 6:00am on Saturday, July 25, 2019. They must be completely set up and ready for visitors by 9:00am.
- Booth spaces will be assigned – assignments are final.
- All booth spaces will be on the grass.
- All tents must be staked or weighted down.
- Electricity is not available.
- Participants will be responsible for their own financial exchanges.
- Financial exchanges may begin at 9:00am and must end by 4:00pm on July 25 & July 26.
- The accepted artist/participant must be present the day of Art at the Park and personally manage her or his booth. Once accepted, no refunds will be granted for applicants who withdraw from the show. The event will be held rain or shine. In case of severe inclement weather, no refunds will be given.
- Participants must be accompanied by an adult at all times during the show.
- Artists must be present throughout to represent their work and discuss their process with the general public.