Kids Creative Space
Art at the Park 2021 will again feature an interactive art zone for children of all ages. Businesses, organizations, and artists who would like to offer an art activity are encouraged to apply for a space in this area of the park. If what you’re offering is free to the public, your booth is free. If you are charging a fee for your activity, there is a $50 booth fee once accepted.
|Who:||Businesses and Organizations||Artists|
|What:||Any Wisconsin business or organization that would like to offer a children’s art activity at Art at the Park is encouraged to apply for a booth space.||Artists 18 and older that would like to offer an art demonstration or interactive art experience are encouraged to apply for a booth space.|
|Examples of what we’re looking for:||Children’s easel painting, tape resist art, collage art, clay sculptures, printmaking, etc.||Face painters, potters, balloon artists, cartoonists, chalk artists, etc.|
|You will receive:||
Rules and Regulations:
Friday, April 16, 2021
Friday, April 30, 2021
Notification of jury results.
Monday, May 31, 2021
Artist invitation acceptance must be complete and $50 booth fee paid. Booth fees are nonrefundable. No exceptions made.
Fri, July 23, 2021
2pm-4pm, booth setup
July 24 & 25, 2021
Booths MUST be set up by 9a.m. Saturday
Festival hours: Saturday 9am–6pm (entertainment will run until 9pm), Sunday 9am–4pm
- Completed application does not guarantee participation in Art at the Park
- Once notified of acceptance, applicant must send in a $50 booth fee by May 31, 2021, unless offering a free activity.
- Participation in previous years of the event does not guarantee participation in Art at the Park 2021.
- The Art at the Park Steering Committee will select applicants to participate in Art at the Park 2021.
- The committees decisions are final. No exceptions will be made.
- Accepted artists/applicants will be notified via email by April 30, 2021.
- Digital images submitted for jurying must be representative of the work that will be exhibited at Art at the Park. They should represent current work and represent the majority of the work exhibited. On the days of Art at the Park, the compliance committee has the authority to require that any items deemed not consistent with the submitted material, ineligible, or otherwise inappropriate, be put away.
- Applicants who are selling services are required to provide a Wisconsin Tax Account Number (if applicable) and the last four digits of their Social Security Number (SSN) or Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN). A SSN or FEIN is required of all participants in compliance with the Wisconsin Department of Revenue Temporary Events Program. Applicants who are selling services, who are not conforming to Wisconsin Department of Revenue regulations may not exhibit.
- Applications cannot be processed until all required materials (application and images, signed legal agreement, and tax information) are received.
- If you will not be charging a fee for your activity/demonstration, please disregard.
- Participants must supply their own 10’x10’ tents, tent stakes, tables, chairs, and other equipment.
- Participants are responsible for their own booth display setup.
- Booths should be set up beginning at 2:00pm on Friday, July 23, 2021. They must be completely set up and ready for visitors by 9:00am on Saturday.
- Booth spaces will be assigned – assignments are final. No exceptions will be made.
- No sharing of booth spaces
- All equipment and materials must stay within assigned 10’x10’ booth space
- All booth spaces will be on the grass
- All tents must be staked or weighted down
- Electricity is limited, and you must indicate on your application if you need electricity. Prior approval is needed to access the park’s electricity.
- Kids Creative Space vendors can provide their activity for free or a fee.
- Participants will be responsible for their own financial exchanges.
- Financial exchanges may begin at 9:00am Saturday and must end by 4:00pm on Sunday.
- The accepted business/participant must be present the day of Art at the Park and personally manage their booth. Once accepted, no refunds will be granted for applicants who withdraw from the show. The event will be held rain or shine. In case of severe inclement weather, no refunds will be given. In the case of event cancelation due to public health & safety concerns regarding COVID-19, fees will be refunded in full.
- Per City of Appleton ordinance, pets are not allowed in City Park. Non-service animals will need to be removed from the event.