New for 2020:
- The fee for food vendors this year will decrease to $100. This fee is due at the time of acceptance. Vendors will additionally pay Art at the Park 10% of their total gross revenue following the event.
- Large and extra large vendors and food trucks will be situated in the roadway at each of the four intersections surrounding the park. These vendors must utilize their own quiet generators. Now other generators will be allowed.
Food vendor applications will be juried based on specified criteria as we are searching for a variety of non-overlapping artisan cuisine: craft food and beverages created with close attention to detail, flavor, and locally sourced ingredients.
Participation in previous Art at the Park events does not guarantee participation in Art at the Park 2020.
Rules and Regulations:
Deadline for contract: April 27, 2020
Certificate of Insurance provided by food vendor: April 27, 2020
Art at the Park 2020:
Setup for food vendors with trailers: July 24; 2pm – 5pm
Setup for food vendors: July 24; 5pm – 8pm
Public hours: July 25; 9am – 9pm
July 26; 9am – 4pm
Teardown and Cleanup: July 26; 4pm – 6pm
The Food Vendor agrees to the following rules/conditions and other information as noted below by the Fox Cities Building for the Arts:
- Licenses and Permits: Food Vendor agrees to complete the proper food service licenses and comply with state and local health regulations and with all state, local and/or city ordinances which govern operation of public events. For more information about City of Appleton food service regulations, please visit the website for the City of Appleton at www.appleton.org. Please note: mobile food establishment licenses and temporary restaurant licenses issued by another local Health Department can no longer be honored by the City of Appleton. Food vendors participating in Appleton events and in events outside the City of Appleton must hold a Mobile Retail Food license or Temporary Restaurant license issued by the Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection. The operator is responsible for contacting DATCP, Division of Food and Recreational Safety, to obtain proper licensing. For an application or license information contact DATCP Licensing at (608) 224-4923.
- Vendors which only participate in events located in Appleton may obtain the license from the Appleton Health Department.
- Food Vendor agrees to sell only the food & beverage items listed on the contract for Art at the Park. Food Vendors are prohibited from selling food & beverage items not listed on the contract.
- Food Vendor agrees to not sell or consume alcoholic beverages at any time during this event.
- Food Vendor agrees to keep all equipment (vehicles, trailers, tents, equipment, etc.) within the boundaries of the size of the space that was contracted for and specifically assigned to the Food Vendor. A mobile unit that is used as your place of business will be allowed within your space. Other vehicles not used as your place of business must be moved to a designated parking lot before the event opens at 9am.
- The Food Vendor may not transfer this contract to any other Food Vendor or share/sublet exhibit space with any other Food Vendor.
- Food Vendor agrees to accept full responsibility for set-up and take down of his/her food service area. Food Vendor will have set-up completed and will be ready to serve the public on the days of the event. Food Vendor agrees to not close the booth by packing up or otherwise terminating food service until the advertised closing of Art at the Park at 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, July 26, 2020. Saturday July 25th closing will be between 8:00 and 9:00 p.m.. Any violation of this provision may result in no contract being extended for future events.
- Food Vendor will be responsible for cleaning tables and grounds within a 10’ radius around his/her booth throughout the event and immediately after the event closes at 4:00pm on Sunday, July 26th. All equipment and trash will be removed from the park by 6:00pm on Sunday, July 26th. Trash shall be placed in the dumpsters that will be located at the edge of the park. At 6:00pm, representatives of the Fox Cities Building for the Arts will inspect the space to ensure that cleanup has been satisfactorily completed. Violations of these terms may prevent Food Vendor from being invited to participate in the event in future years.
- Food Vendor agrees to complete Electricity Form and submit it with the application/contract by April 27, 2020. The fee for electricity is $50 per booth.
- Electricity will be provided to Food Vendor based on the amount that was requested on the Electricity Form received with application/contract. Extension cords may not run across sidewalks or in front of any booth. Food Vendor booths will be arranged so that there should be no need for more than 100’ of extension cord for any one Food Vendor. Please plan ahead to operate with a minimum amount of electrical usage.
- Unloading and Parking – Parking is extremely limited around City Park and the Appleton Police Department will be towing and issuing citations to vehicles that are illegally parked. When unloading your vehicle, please do so as quickly as possible and immediately move your vehicle(s) to one of the designated parking lots. You will be given a Vendor Parking Permit at registration, which you should display on the driver’s inside windshield of your vehicle.
- Parking in residential driveways is strictly prohibited and requesting water from the homes surrounding City Park is strictly prohibited. Water will be available at the Pavilion in City Park.
- Food Vendor agrees to include full payment for booth and electricity fees with application/contract, which is due to The Fox Cities Building for the Arts by April 27, 2020. All fees become non-refundable after a Food Vendor has been selected to participate in Art at the Park, and has been notified of such in writing.
- The vendor agrees to pay 10% of their total gross revenue to the Fox Cities Building for the Arts following 4pm on July 26, 2020. Payment deadline is July 29, 2020.
- Food Vendors agree to refrain from the use of any sound equipment in advertising and promoting participant’s business at the event.
- Liability, Insurance, and Indemnification: Food Vendor agrees to provide the Fox Cities Building for the Arts with a certificate of insurance evidencing the existence of participant’s comprehensive general liability insurance policy which shall include contracted liability, products liability, personal injury and property damage. Such a policy will cover the period of participant’s intended use and name of the Fox Cities Building for the Arts and Art at the Park as additional insureds. Participant also agrees to indemnify and hold harmless on the Fox Cities Building for the Arts, Art at the Park, and their employees, agents, sponsors and volunteers from any and all damages or claims in excess of, or not covered by the insurance required under this agreement. Participant further agrees to defend the Fox Cities Building for the Arts and Art at the Park, and their employees, agents, sponsors and volunteers from any and all such damages or claims to the Fox Cities Building for the Arts.
- Food Vendor agrees to observe City of Appleton Fire Department Fire Safety Guidelines included with this document.
- In the event of a catastrophic event or if for other unforeseen reasons Art at the Park cannot be produced, the contract shall be immediately terminated and the Food Vendor waives any and all claims for damages.
- A minimum of one 2A10BC U/L Listed fire extinguisher (properly serviced within the last 12 months) must be available in every stand or booth using a heating/electrical device for the purpose of heating or cooking. Anyone using deep fat fryers or other grease in-depth appliances must also have a minimum of one 40BC dry chemical or K-Rated wet chemical U/L Listed fire extinguisher (properly serviced within the last 12 months). No open flame shall be within 16” of any grease in-depth appliance. Personnel manning the stands or booths should have a working knowledge of the proper use of fire extinguishers. Caution must be taken when using fire extinguishers on grease fires to prevent the spread of the fire and injury to personnel.
- Precautions should be taken to prevent damage to all electrical cords. Precautions should also be taken to prevent tripping on cords. No electrical cords are to be on sidewalks where individuals may walk on them.
- The use of generators at Art at the Park is prohibited.
- Storage of flammable/combustible liquids is prohibited within 50’ of any tent/booth or other combustibles. Therefore, the use/storage of flammable/combustible liquids during Art at the Park is restricted. No gas/fuel cans or other storage of flammable/combustible liquids is permitted.
- A minimum separation of 20’ must be maintained between all cooking appliances and an occupied tent. A tent is defined as a structure capable of being enclosed at least 75%. Canopies open on at least three (3) sides a minimum of 75% may be used for cooking purposes to cover charcoal or propane cooking appliances. All canopies in excess of 200 sq. ft. must be constructed of a fire resistive material and should have a label affixed indicating such. All cooking fuels must be allowed to fully cool before proper disposal, and must not be disposed of in dumpsters provided for trash.
- All compressed gas cylinders (CO-2 tanks for dispensing soda, LP fuel tanks, etc.) must be properly secured to prevent tipping. Consideration must to the location of all LP tanks. LP cylinders used to fuel cooking appliances placed under canopies will be considered on an individual basis.
- For tents or canopies exceeding 200 square feet, or tents/canopies combined to create one area exceeding 200 square feet, a permit must be obtained from the Appleton Fire Department.
- Any set-up that does not fall within the above guidelines must be submitted to the City of Appleton Fire Prevention Division for individual approval prior to setting up for the event.
- Contact the Appleton Fire Department, Fire Prevention Division, at (920) 832-5810, with any questions, comments, or concerns regarding the above items.